Round Rock is hosting the 2021 Texas City Management Association’s (TCMA) Annual Conference at Kalahari from June 10-13, 2021. TCMA is an organization of local government professionals dedicated to promoting the highest standards of governance, service, leadership, ethics, and education while embracing individual and regional diversity for the benefit of our membership and the cities of Texas.
The City is fortunate to have a fantastic team of talented employees. We’re asking all interested employees to submit a video performance singing the “The Star-Spangled Banner.” The chosen winner will sing the national anthem at the Opening Session of the 2021 TCMA’s Annual Conference at 9 a.m. on June 10, 2021, in front of nearly 500 people. All City employees are welcome to participate in our virtual National Anthem auditions by submitting their performances by Sunday, March 29, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Video submissions will be reviewed and chosen by an impartial panel by Friday, April 9, 2021.
Please review the audition recommendations below prior to submitting your audition video. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
Virtual National Anthem Audition Tips
- All performances should be under 2 minutes.
- All participants are encouraged to use the highest possible audio and video recording devices available within reason. Cell phone videos are perfectly acceptable. Please make sure the camera is steady.
- Record your performance in a well-lit area.
- It is not required to have a clear or scenic background; however, an area from distractions is best.
- Duet and group auditions are acceptable.