Senior Accounting Technician Margie Howard, Accounting Supervisor Sherri Crone and IT Systems Administrators Sasha Lockamy and David Wongwai received Innovations Awards last week for successfully implementing a new – and more efficient – procard module last year.
The City of Round Rock launched the new module in MUNIS in May 2017 to manage purchasing cards across the organization. Integrating the software under one vendor helped facilitate better communication within the system, minimizing compatibility issues, saving time and improving processes.
The new system created the following benefits:
• Eliminated the need for users to have multiple logins.
• Allows users to easily search statements, transactions and attachments.
• Online process for review and approval that gives approvers more flexibility to do their work remotely if needed.
• The budget gets impacted upon the import of the transactions into MUNIS, allowing departments to see changes to budget in a more timely manner.
• Daily importing allows end users to work on coding and putting the descriptions on their transactions throughout the month rather than waiting until the cycle closes.
• At any given time, transactions can be reviewed by both internal and external auditors.
Congratulations team members on a job well done!
The Innovations Committee aims to encourage work or community-related development that is fresh, creative, or inventive whose implementation results in an improvement in one or more of the following ways:
- Saves time
- Improves services to customers
- Saves money
- Improves moral
- Improves performance
- Improves safety
- Improves the community