Clinic name and logo contest winners: (from left) Reggie Davidson, Caitlyn Combs, and Christopher Dempsey
The new employee clinic, scheduled to open in May, has been given its official name and logo, thanks to the suggestions of City employees: Rock Care.
Caitlyn Combs, administrative associate at the Police Department, designed the winning logo (shown above). Reggie Davidson, recreation manager, and Christopher Dempsey, parks maintenance worker — both with Parks and Recreation — independently suggested the winning name. The winners each received a $50 Visa gift card provided by Healthstat, the company managing the clinic. Congratulations everyone!
About the clinic
Rock Care will be free for City employees to use and will handle preventative care procedures like physicals and blood tests, and minor issues like colds, sprains and headaches. There will be no co-pay and no cost for lab work.
The clinic will be staffed by a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant and will have a supervising physician onsite about 10 percent of the time.
The clinic will be located at 901 Round Rock Avenue, Suite 300, Round Rock, TX 78681.
Health Risk Assessment in April
Employees using the clinic are encouraged to take part in a health risk assessment that includes a short survey, measurements and blood tests. Healthstat will be conducting health risk assessments around the City in April at the following times and locations (Note: schedule has changed):
- 6 to 11 a.m. Tuesday, April 15 – Police Department, EOC Room
- 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15 – Baca Center
- 6 to 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 16 – Water and Streets on Luther Peterson
- 7 to 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, April 16 – Water Treatment Plant
- 7:30 to 10 a.m. Thursday, April 17 – Central Fire Station
- 6 to 11 a.m. Friday, April 18 – Human Resources Training Room
- 7:30 to 11 a.m. Friday, April 18 – General Services on Commerce St.
Participants should fast before the blood test.