Get out your walking shoes, swim gear, yoga mats, bikes and more. Beginning Wednesday, April 1, the City of Round Rock will be participating in the global health challenge called Million Mile Month. Join the City team as we log activities, get active and top the leaderboards.
Let’s show our city, state and nation just how many miles Round Rock employees can do together this April!
About Million Mile Month
Physical activity and proper nutrition are essential for a healthy life. Million Mile Month is a challenge to complete one million miles of physical activity, together as one collective community, in one month. The Wellness Committee is urging City employees to join the challenge.
How to register
Participants must register on the Million Mile Month website.
- Visit http://millionmilemohth.org/register to create your login and choose a registration level. (Note: The Bronze “Pay What You Can” option allows you to enter any amount $0 or above. The Silver, Gold and Platinum levels provide great perks (like a 2015 t-shirt), and your payment for this non-profit event is tax deductible as a charitable donation.)
- After choosing your level, continue registration until you reach the LAST STEP page (where you are asked for name, city, organization, etc).
- On this LAST STEP page, choose “City of Round Rock” from the “Select your Organization” pulldown.
- Then select your department from the “Select Group/Team” pulldown.
- Complete all other blanks on this page and click “Complete Registration.”
Once completed you are registered to participate in the Million Mile Month 2015 as a member of the City of Round Rock team!
How to participate
From April 1-30, visit www.millionmilemonth.org from any device (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop) and log your physical activities in your profile (walk, run, bike, yoga and more accepted) to track your personal stats, win prizes (like bikes, gift cards and running shoes) and help the City of Round Rock team stay at the top of the leaderboards.
You can even connect a Fitbit or Map My Fitness account within your profile after registering for automated mile logging (the manual logging tool will always be available as well in your profile).
Like or Follow the official Million Mile Month social media pages.
If you have any questions regarding registration or tracking activity, please direct them to email@example.com.
Spread the word to your friends and family about your participation and get them involved, too!