Graduation ceremonies were recently held to commemorate the achievement of nine City employees who participated in the City’s inaugural Leadership Development Program. During the six-month learning and development program, the team developed and strengthened skills, knowledge, and self-awareness in several key leadership areas, including emotional intelligence, coaching, and leading change.
City of Round Rock leaders, managers, mentors, and invited guests were on hand to celebrate with the graduating cohort. During the ceremony, Assistant City Manager Brooks Bennett delivered an inspiring leadership message and each graduate shared key takeaways and benefits of participating in the program. One of the highlights of the event was the unveiling of the team project, Leadership Libraries, a mobile book sharing initiative benefiting City employees who want to learn more about leadership.
We would like to congratulate the 2021 graduating class of the Round Rock Leadership Development Program on a job well done:
- Ryan Bornn – Utilities and Environmental Services
- Laton Carr – Utilities and Environmental Services
- James Combs – Transportation
- Kelly Gaydos – Parks and Recreation
- Paul Hernandez – Utilities and Environmental Services
- Chad Kinder – Utilities and Environmental Services
- Kit Perkins – Utilities and Environmental Services
- Jason Remmert – Sports Management and Tourism
- Jarett Rutherford – Transportation